93: 30 Days to a Completed Fabric CollectionOct 24, 2023
Today, we’re going to dive headfirst into the daily process of creating a new fabric collection. Though I’m not able to share images of what I was creating every day this past summer, my hope is you’ll be inspired by the process of creation and a sneak peek at what it looks like to design a collection. From the incubation period of simmering ideas to the excitement of sketching and experimenting with different techniques, you’ll gain insights into the world of surface pattern design. Join us as we discover the artistry, creativity, and dedication that go into bringing a collection to life.
I've trained myself to just dive in and begin making marks.
Discussed in this episode:
- The process and behind-the-scenes of designing a fabric collection
- The importance of the incubation period and gathering inspiration before starting a project
- How to utilize vision storming sessions and brainstorming techniques to develop a strong foundation for a collection
- The value of sketching and experimenting with different mediums to explore creative possibilities
- The challenges and uncertainties that come with the design process and how to navigate through them.
Review of the week:
Really inspiring and sincere
I am new to this podcast and I am just so grateful. Bonnie is a light. She is really well prepared to share insights, encouragement and steps to take to start your own journey a creative professional. I look forward to hearing more and continuing forward. Thank you!
Quick Disclosure: This post may include some affiliate links which means that if you click the link to purchase something on this page, it won't cost you more but I may receive a commission for sharing this with you. Which is great, because I was going to share it with you anyway!
Email me episodes
Never miss an episode!
Sign up to get our weekly podcast update with new episodes, show notes and episode freebies!
We honor your email. <3 We will never sell your information, for any reason.