46: Membership Sites for Creatives 101May 02, 2023
Are you a creative entrepreneur looking to build a supportive community while generating recurring revenue? In this episode, I explore the world of membership sites and how they can help you unlock the power of both. I discuss the types of memberships available, the importance of starting simple, and the platforms and tools available for creating and managing membership sites. Listen in as I share my experience growing my alumni membership Flourish, and how it’s evolved over the years, plus my tips for creatives looking to start a membership.
FREE DOWNLOAD: THE IDEA VAULT
Not sure what to create for your membership? Download 50 ideas for content and deliverables that you could put in your membership.
↓ DOWNLOAD HERE ↓
Discussed in this episode:
- How I got started with my own membership site, and the impact Stu McLaren's course, The Membership Experience, has impacted my success.
- Three common subscription-based models:
- Community-based memberships: These are usually centered around a common theme, fostering a supportive network of like-minded individuals.
- Hybrid memberships: These memberships offer both content and community, like my alumni membership, Flourish.
- Product-based subscriptions: These are businesses that regularly deliver physical products to subscribers, such as subscription boxes.
- As you consider memberships in your own business, evaluate your own subscriptions, brainstorm ideas, and research existing sites to explore the potential of membership sites for their own creative business.
Resources & Links
- Kajabi: An all-in-one platform I use for my membership, courses, and this very site!
- Check out all some of my favorite resources HERE!
- Coley Kuyper's Membership, the Haven
- Stu McLaren's Course
- Episode 45 with Stu McLaren
- Episode 37: How to Ask Your Audience What They Want
Review of the week:
As always, Bonnie Christine has encouraging, insightful, and interesting things to say. Grateful for her commitment to share her knowledge and courage with others.
Quick Disclosure: This post includes some affiliate links which means that if you click the link to purchase something on this page, it won't cost you more but I may receive a commission for sharing this with you. Which is great, because I was going to share it with you anyway!
Email me episodes
Never miss an episode!
Sign up to get our weekly podcast update with new episodes, show notes and episode freebies!
We honor your email. <3 We will never sell your information, for any reason.