Episode 23: How to Invest in YourselfJan 24, 2023
Three Key Areas for Investing in Your Growth as an Artist and Creative Entrepreneur
Investing in yourself not only increases your confidence, but it can have a significant impact on your ability to learn and grow consistently. When you invest in yourself, it leads to more productivity, higher levels of success, and, ultimately, an increased quality of life. In this episode, I’m sharing three different areas you can invest in, with examples from my own life so you can begin thinking about the possibilities in yours. My biggest takeaway for you today is that we should never stop learning.
Discussed in this Episode:
- Spending vs. Investing: Investment brings a return, and it’s important to embrace that mindset.
- Release the Bottleneck: Take note where there’s a bottleneck in your business (a lack of technology, photos, etc.), and think of one that you could invest in to clear that bottleneck right away. If it seems cost prohibitive, ask “How could I make it possible?”
- Get Resourceful: Your creativity, joy, and enthusiasm are your greatest resources.
- Three Ways to Invest in Yourself:
- Skills: Courses, classes, books, conferences, webinars, podcasts, workshops, articles, specific technology, etc.
- Creativity: Learn a new skill or language, start something new, explore nature in a new way, play an instrument, learn to cook or try pottery, or sew, etc.
- Mind + Body + Spirit: Create an intentional start to your day, read, eat healthier, move your body more, pray or meditate more routinely, learn about personality type, self development, and travel.
- Skin in the Game: Investing your time or money will hold you accountable to making progress and increase your performance.
Resources & Links:
- The Professional Creative Episode 1: Starting from Zero—13 Years and 30 Business Breakthroughs
- Impact Mastermind with Stu McClaren
- The Road Back to You by Ian Crohn
Review of the week:
I was excited to see there was yet one more thing to explore that Bonnie Christine brought to life. I was expecting it to be good before I even listened to it and then, I was wowed yet again. I cannot believe the value in each episode. I had to stop myself while I was binge listening because there’s no way you can absorb all of this in a couple days but at the same time, how can you stop?!
It’s tip after tip, life lesson after life lesson, therapy, relaxation, creativity massage, all at once. And then, she goes and brings in her mastermind group, and then she brings in Lisa Jacobs (her analogies stole my heart and mind!)… need I say more? I will have to listen to it all over again once I’m done because each word inspires me deeply in a way that’s hard to describe.
Do yourself a favor and listen for yourself! Thank you Bonnie, yet again, for being unbelievably outstanding!
Email me episodes
Never miss an episode!
Sign up to get our weekly podcast update with new episodes, show notes and episode freebies!
We honor your email. <3 We will never sell your information, for any reason.